Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Your Buddy, He's Changing

I don't have a lot of time to devote to an insightful post or some new fitness tips until the end of the semester so I thought I'd pop in a little story from the locker room that had me laughing for quite a while. If you're a new reader this would be a good day to go through some of the older posts because it makes me sad to think they might feel neglected. Oh, while you're at it - take the poll.

Last night I was getting changed and I overheard the most notorious locker room stalker of 94th street make a remark to a younger guy while he was getting dressed.

"Your buddy, he's changing," he said.

The younger guy looked very confused. "Who?"

"You, your buddy," he said again with what seems to be a French accent.

"Me, my buddy?" the younger guy said with his eyebrows furrowed into his eye sockets.

"No, your bah-dee, eees changing" the gross, towel-clad stalker replied as he rubbed his belly with one hand and pointed at the younger guy with the other.

The younger guy was really getting nervous, he had a nearly naked man telling him his body was changing.

"I've noticed how much is changed lately," the stalker says, pauses and adds into the already awkward silence, "but don't worry I'm not hitting on you."

At this point, I was laughing to myself. I have seen the stalker standing between the showers just waiting for his victims. He has no shame when going in for the attack. This younger guy had no idea.

"Thanks," the guy with the changing body said, "but no thanks."

He grabbed his bag and walked out, looking around to see who noticed this big gay pick up. The stalker rolled his eyes, hands on his hips and swished back into the shower area looking for his next victim.

It was fun to watch this pick up get lost in translation. The guy was so confused wondering who his buddy was, and where he was changing that he ended up having a quasi-conversation -- one that was longer enough to allow the stalker to rub his own belly with glee. The younger guy was in sheer panic that this dude in a towel was making conversation but all in all, he handled it like a champ and maybe his body is changing. Leave it to the horny guy to point it out.

7 comments:

emily said...

I STILL have a hard time believing that this shit actually happens in real life!!! GUYS ARE GROSS.

S.B. said...

Ok, that is quite hysterical. It's like something out of a Gay Pink Panther movie perhaps....

Dash, best of luck on the rest of the semester. I think you deserve a drink or two or ten when you are finished! ;)

Cooper said...

Haha, that is definitely creepy!

I think Billy's right... drinks are definitely deserved.

Travis said...

oy if I ever move to NYC, I don't think I will hit the locker room.

jay said...

Oh wow. Scary.I would have done the same thing. Now I'm worried about going to gyms! I so used to school gyms and now to hear about the predators in other gyms, it almost makes me not want to work out once I graduate....ALMOST.

Hamilton said...

LOL~~~~ I love me some French. I havne't been active in my gymlately, but we have a french guy who works out 7 days a week and of course his 8 packs definition proves it. It is hard to understand him sometimes haha. I still wonder if he is gay or just European.

Anonymous said...

-Hamilton - Probably both.

Reminds me of this French roommate I had. We had just moved into this house, in France (so his territory) and had gone shopping for food, supplies, etc. We were in the Carrefour, and he asked me, should we get some moogs? I said, what? he said, Mooooogs, I said, whaaaat? This went on back and forth for a few minutes. Then, he pointed, he said, look, mooogs. I said, ooooooh. Mugs. Gotta love the French!